With the week off from school, I took every advantage of using that time to learn and listen in on a variety of tutorials.
I have also signed up for several online courses on marketing, the art of action and found a wonderful creative community form which I can have accountability with. In other words, I am sharing with these folks what action steps I wish to attempt even on a daily basis towards my goals (which includes the projects in this class) and along with their support via online community, their insight on marketing your product and services to the web environment has been a fantastic resource for me.
I have done all of the following and more within the last two weeks:
- Listened to the entire WordPress.org tutorials (5hrs +) on running your own WP site on servers (your own or paid) vs. using wordpress.com.
Worth Every Minute – I learned things here that I did not know about despite working with WordPress.com for 4 years now.
- Switched my own hosting servers to Linux from Windows
- Installed WP on all my sites
- Created using Artisteer a variety of themes and have activated one for TheChefMaven.com
- Even created a new heard for both leahquinn.com and thechefmaven.com (samples of both below below)
- Learned even more about using twitter to socially expand my business
- Signed up to hootsuite a total social media tool that’s utterly amazing which brings all your social media onto one platform even if you have different voices/names – for me example, I have Divaliscious and DesignsAnything on twitter. Both are used different in promoting myself and businesses
- Joined TheCreativeEmpire.net which is a huge resource for creative peeps.
Here are some of my new logos…
Click on image to see it in real size…
not sure about the leahquinn.com one yet –
here’s thechefmaven.com new header which is liv:
Im still on the fence with using the font ‘antsy pants’ under the main title that reads ‘organic gardening tips, ….’
Here’s the new twitter logo background for when people visit my page on twitter:
One of the biggest things I am working on is branding my services under the slew of websites I run and host. I am still brainstorming and actually working with people in the Branding business who know more about this than I do, so I have lots to learn.
I am still working on a logo for the DesignsAnything.com for this course, as well as a layout, but did come up with this.
I had to revert my designsanything.com to an older version that was originally pointing to a wix designed site that could stay live until I redesigned the site using WordPress.org and it’s features. This also included how I wished for the environment to work for services. In fact I am really changing the kind of services I offer on designsanything.com in terms of getting away from graphic design and doing more of custom art and art licensing stuff.